Update: Here’s a link to a handy video Patrice made showing how to do this in Outlook: http://www.viddler.com/explore/ProFusionDemos/videos/16/
I frequently get asked how to put the little Twitter and Facebook icons into an email signature with links back to their respective accounts. If you are using Outlook 2007, here are some basic instructions for how you can add these icons to your signature.
- Open Outlook
- Click on Tools
- Click on Options
- From the tabs, click on “Mail Format”
- Click on Signatures
- Click on the New Button
- Give your signature a name (Company name will do)
- Then in the Edit Signature section, type out everything you want included in the signature. My signature has my name, title, logo, address, phone, email, web address and Twitter/Facebook icons.
- To add the images to your signature (we have attached the Facebook/Twitter icons to this post for you to save and use in your own signature) click on the “picture” icon (which is the 2nd icon from the right)
- After you click on Picture, a browse wizard will pop-up and will allow you to browse your hard drive and add your twitter/Facebook icons to the signature.
- Once you have the images in the signature, click on one of the images to highlight it. Then click on the “hyperlink” button (it should be the last button on the right)
- In the address field at the bottom of the hyperlink window, type in your Twitter or Facebook address (depending on which image you are linking)
- Click ok
- Repeat that until you have all your images linked to the right web addresses.
It takes a few steps to get all the icons loaded in the way you want, however, not having to type in your signature each and every time will save you lots of time and save your recipients time if they are trying to look up your contact information. Promoting your Facebook Fan Page or Twitter Account in a signature is a great way to get your Social Media efforts in front of everyone that you touch base with via email. These icons can also be added to your website. Just reduce the size to 30 pixels x 30 pixels and then add them to any page on your site. We added them to the vertical column section on the Net Solutions site. If you are using the ProFusion Ultra Internet Solution as your website provider, you can see how to do this by watching our Introductory Webinar. Click to Download Social Media Icons If you’d like to host the twitter and facebook icons on our blog and link them into your site, use the URLs in below in your signature: Twitter: http://www.snoitulosten.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/twitter-small.jpg Facebook: http://www.snoitulosten.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/facebook-small.jpg Here is the corresponding video to this instruction set: